I’m Lisa Russell and here’s more about me than you ever wanted to know.
I’m a happily divorced mom of six daughters. One of my girls is grown up and married and making me a Grandma in the Spring of 2017. The other 5 are living with me in Seattle and I happen to think they’re amazing. We’re unschoolers, though so far they’re all choosing public high school. Oldest is 23, youngest is 9. I’m terrible at updating these “about me” pages so this info is accurate as of December 2016. After that you’ll have to do the math.
I began writing as a freelancer in 1999 and started my own web content and design agency in 2007. I live in Seattle, Washington and write romance novels on the side under a top secret pen name.
For a little while, I thought I was sick of working from home so I took an amazing opportunity to manage a chain of small boutique grocers in Seattle. I met a lot of people and truly loved my coworkers but I got sick and realized I was done working after they figured out how to run it without me.
If you’re interested in my writing portfolio or hiring me for web content, social media management, online reputation management or WordPress website build, please visit Lisa-Russell.com. I have a team that I work with to get all this stuff done and they are also wonderful people, mostly moms who work from home all across the country; talented, smart folks that care about the work they do. If you’re interested in joining my team or learning more about how to work from home, visit WriteForIncome.com
Top-Secret Pen Name:
If you know me personally and think you’re just going to ask my top-secret pen name and I’ll give it up… honestly, I’m equally flattered and amused. My sister and my mother don’t know it yet so I’m really NOT announcing it until I hit my millionth book sale. Hopefully by then my craft will have improved enough that I can feel proud to announce it.
Is personal. I’m thrilled to be free from narcissistic individuals. I love my friends and family. I love my house. Each day I try to be a better person. I genuinely believe that the world is good and that humans are trustworthy, kind and generous by nature. I try to surround myself with people who make my heart feel light.
- Elective non-medical caesarean sections
- Violence as a means of “disciplining” children
- Shortening words (gr8, ur,tryna, prolly)
- “News” without factual references
- Religions (except the things they all have in common, like The Golden Rule)
- Lack of cheese
- Small talk
- Perfumes (except essential oils and fabric softener)
- Plain white walls
- Boxy clothing
- Artificial strawberry flavoring
- Socks with flip-flops
- Bicyclists in the city (although I admire them for their bravery and low carbon footprint, they scare the hell out of me I’m always afraid I won’t see them)
- Parents who don’t let their kids climb up the slide
- Visibly carrying guns in public
- Living in poverty and feeling trapped there